Sunday, June 24, 2007

Cards that Rock and Roll


The theme (or technique) for the last Stampin' Up workshop I taught was Rock and Roll. It is a fun technique which gives colorful results. We also use retiring and mini catalog sets, so this is goodbye to most of these sets. So sad...

The first card is made with Bold Butterfly - and the smaller butterfly was just cut in half to make it look like he is flying sideways.

Recipe:
Stamps: Bold Butterfly, Flutter wheel, and Warmest Regards
Cardstock: Summer Sun, Whisper White, Ruby Red
Ink: Versamarker (in the wheel cartridge), Summer Sun, Ruby Red and Cameo Coral


The card on the right (hopefully - let's just say I am still learning this...):

Stamps: Finest Flourishes
Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Real Red, Au Chocolate Designer Paper
Ink: Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Misc: Hodgepodge hardware, Grosgrain Ribbon

The stamps were inked with Real Red and then rolled on the edges with Chocolate Chip. Just love the aged texture on those flourishes! And, the fab designs of the Au Chocolate paper will be in the new catalog (just in a different color). YAY!!!



And the last card which used the Rock and Roll Technique... one of the best sets Stampin Up ever designed. I cannot believe I did not use this at workshops before. It is so much fun to layer and rock these to create really rich roses.

Stamp: Roses in Winter
Cardstock: Cameo Coral, Marigold Morning and Shimmer White (wish you could see the shimmer underneath the color. YUM!)
Ink: Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Morning Marigold
Misc: Organdy Ribbon in white and silver cord (both gone as of the new catalog)

We also did three cards which did not use Rock and Roll, so I will try to post those later this week.

Actually, I visited a friend this weekend (hi Wendy!!!) and we scrapped all day Saturday, so I have tons of layouts to share too. Those still need a few embellishments, journaling and scanning, so they may take a bit longer. And I have some stunning photos from the Monterey Aquarium - wow is that place fabulous. I am in love with jelly fish!!! So, once I figure out where PSE is saving the photos, I'll try to share some of those.

No comments: