Saturday, July 14, 2007

Colorado scrapbook papes

One of the days from my trip up to Northern California was spent just scrapping. It was so wonderful to have nothing to do all day! I made over 10 pages and just started scanning them in. I worked mostly on the photos from Colorado in 2005. It is my first completely 8.5x11 album. I took my Club Scrap Wild Wild West kit to do the photos from horseback riding and the Buffalo Bill museum. It worked perfectly for the photos.

The photo on the left is the horseback riding trip. I am not a big horse nut - I don't mind them, but don't particularly get into them. So, this made my third time ever on a horse. Isn't my little guy cute? Everything on the layouts is from Club Scrap Wild Wild West except the pen. I never would that thought I would have a use for this kit. How did they know? LOL

The next layout uses the other half of the belt I cut from the embossed papers and it is just the scenery we saw. I actually added from sun stuff to the kit on this layout. The letters are American Crafts Thickers - the felt ones (so fun to rub!!!) The flowers are from my stash of way too many flower and the button is Foofala. Kind of looks like the sun shining over the mountains, doesn't it?

Okay, one more (and then I got tired of scanning). The Buffalo Bill museum was near Golden, CO where we visited my friends Christy and Kirk. Very cool memorabilia and I actually learned a few things. Again, the background papers are Club Scrap Wild Wild West (ergo the creative title of the page), but the red is actually from the salsa kit. Ink is Ranger Adirondack Slate, brads were generously donated by Wendy. I used the circle stamp from the WWW kit to decorate some of the Salsa POPS and then stamped the letters over that to add dimension.

I have another layout of the grave site which is right by the museum, but it needs some finishing touches which I have not figured out yet. So, I'll post that when I do...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the belt! I'm glad you got so much done on your trip. Hope we can scrap together soon!

Cheryl said...

Great pages! We are planning an out west trip for later this summer. I'll be sure to re-visit your pages for ideas.

Aparna said...

Fab pages! The belt looks great and your photos are awesome!!

Aimee said...

I don't know what you're talking about...your Blog looks awesome! Mine is pretty bad! I think you shoud be helping me and others! haha

Great job!

Aimeeg18 (SCS)