Sunday, July 01, 2007

While Impatiently Waiting...

While anxiously waiting to be able to place an order from the new Stampin Up catalog, I started playing with one of the sets I was able to preorder from it. These cards are for another demo friend who did not preorder this set. It is called Pick a Petal. It comes with 6 petals, 4 flower centers and a smaller flower stamp. It is so fun to play with! The first card is y favorite, probably because of the colors. I have been really into combinations of reds and blues laterly. The flower was stamped with the polka dot petal and then the scribble petal over it.

Stamps: Pick a Petal, Warm Words, Fine Lace Background
Cardstock: Shimmery White, Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron, Brocade Blue
Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Blashful Blue craft, Versamark
Misc: White grosgrain (died by running it over the Purely Pomegranate pad), buttons

On the next card, I used some of the Petals and Paisley papers which were sitting around on my desk. Sometimes leaving things out pays off. It is neat to be able to stamp an outline stamp over patterned paper and cut out the image. That is how the petals were made. So easy... The background was just one of the flower centers stamped in a polka dot pattern.

Stamps: Pick a Petal, Everyday Flexible Phrases
Inks: Craft White, Versamark
Paper: Old Olive, Petals and Paisley, Tempting Turquoise
Misc: Tab Punch, Circle Punch, Pretty in Pink Grosgrain ribbon






And the last little card. It is was the first one I made. I kind of wish I had used a background stamp on it. Those always add so much to the card. To make up for that detail, I added some glitter to the dots on the petals. It makes it look much more cheerful! And, for the first time, I used the Sahara Sand background papers. It has a really interesting neutral feel. Again, the background was stamped with one of the flower centers.

Stamps: Pick a Petal, Curvy Verses
Ink: Cameo Coral, Summer Sun, Going Grey
Paper: Sahara Sand, Cameo Coral, So Saffron
Misc: Glitter, Moss Gingham ribbon, ribbon punch


And yes, I did get my order in this morning. I can't wait to get all the goodies I ordered!

No comments: