Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Kind of a cheater post...

I have been meaning to scan the rest of the cards from the fun folds class. Well, actually, I need to photograph them (otherwise you would not see the fun folds! LOL). And I cannot seem to think of doing it during daylight hours. So, here is a card I made for a swap instead. The idea was totally from someone on SplitCoastStampers. I don't remember who, but I could not get the card out of my head. I wanted to use vibrant colors but still be fall....



Stamps are all SU - Garden Silhouettes and It's all good (the "happy" stamp" - thanks to Tracey for letting me borrow that this weekend!)
Inks: Vintage Violate, Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie (I filled my own spectrum pad and rolled it!)
Paper: same colors as inks, as well as Whisper White and Glossy White
Punches: SU Scallop, 1 3/8 circle and 1 1/4 circle
SU Ribbon
The technique is from the latest Techniquejunkies.com newsletter (which is why the card is for the swap there...)

Sorry I used the retired Vintage Violet, but this would work just as well with Elegant Eggplant (which was my original plan, but I realized I did not have that reinker).

I was away on a scrapping retreat this last weekend and I made cards the entire time. I made about 50 cards (some in sets of 10), so I should have more to post eventually. And I received my Winter Mini order while I was gone, so now I want to play even more. (I got Stem Silhouettes - how cool is that going to look with the Garden Silhouettes!!!)

No comments: