Monday, May 12, 2008

A Pair - inspired by Classy Coordinates Sketches!

My friend Wendy always does the most amazing layouts. She tipped me off to a great sketch service done by www.classycoordinates.com When you sign up, you get an email each week with seven sketches, so you end up with a sketch for each day of the year. I received all of the 2007 sketches, and signed up for 2008. They look so "do-able." Would you believe this is my first actual layout with them? Well, here it is:

I used one of the kits from Coordinates Collections-- just added a Stampin Up eyelet and ribbon on the tag, some Fancy Pants felt from an add on and some chipboard letters I had sitting around ( they must be Heidi Swap cause they will not stick to save their life. LOL). I wanted something for the eye to rest upon, so there is a thin outline of yellow shimmery paper from Hambly - you know, the one with the cute owl on it. I cut the owl out for future use, don't worry. The rest of the papers are SEI.

Between the kit and the sketch, this took just about an hour from start to finish. Not bad for a worknight.

No comments: